Uh Oh. Something is missing. Try double checking things.
Posts Tagged: drone
Natalie Zed’s Latest News
Performances & Appearances
May 7-8: Kalervo Sinervo and I are giving a paper together at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival/ CSSC Academic Conference at the Toronto Reference Library, entitled "Refrigerators, Hawkeye Initiatives, and the Ass-vengers: a recent history of gender representation in comics."
June 3-5: I'll be part of the "Let's Ruin Games" panel with Mia Consalvo, William Robinson, Carolyn Jong and Ida Toft at the Canadian Game Studies Association Conference in Ottawa. Also, I'll be demo'ing The Oldest Game, a newsgame about sex work laws in Canada that I have been writing for, along with Sandra Gabriele, one of my fantastic advisors and a team lead on the project.
June 18-20: Sandra Gabriele and I will be delivering a paper on The Oldest Game as part of a panel that also includes Maria Nengeh Mensah, Lisa Sloniowski and Bobby Noble at Console-ing Passions International Conference on Television, Video, Audio, New Media and Feminism in Dublin, Ireland!
June 26-27: I am giving a paper at the Annual Game History Symposium at Montreal's Grande Bibliothèque. This year's theme is The History of Gender in Games, and my talk is called "Beating Keyboards into Swords: the Impact of #Gamergate Independent Game Creation."
mid-August: I'll be once again presenting at this year's unholy incarnation of the Grimposium heavy metal symposium at Concordia. The 2014 edition was incredible. Stay tuned for awesome details!
August 25: I'll be reading at the Art Bar Poetry Series in Toronto!
I'm presently writing a series of poems using the notes engine in the video game Bloodborne. You can find them on the Tumblr I have dedicated to the project, Fine or Foul. You might also stumble across them while you're wandering through Yharnam, good hunter.
I'm nearing the end of a draft my first novel, a piece of speculative fiction about a henchwoman. It also involves office politics, infrared photography and a profound misunderstanding of quantum mechanics.
I am currently working on/ always frustrated by a video game entitled Restless, about a ghost gradually becoming more adept at haunting her former home, which I began during the Dames Making Games 2013 summer incubator Junicorn.
I am also working on a new collection of poems that explores the metallurgical and alchemical properties of aggressive music, and a collection of polyamorous fairytales.
I am represented by Ron Eckel at the Cooke Agency.
- Girl, you sure are pretty these days. @ Toronto Islands https://t.co/3wfHXp712B 07:11:49 PM May 26, 2015
- Oh look, the eternal pile of Everything I Need To Live. #twosmallbags @ Toronto Islands https://t.co/gbUxbyq5zQ 07:09:00 PM May 26, 2015
- Photoset: Life goal achieved http://t.co/4Tcw7ea5DB 06:58:33 PM May 26, 2015
- No one has ever been more ready than I am to be on the Island in this moment. @ Jack Layton Ferry… https://t.co/qu6FX9rfiI 06:17:55 PM May 26, 2015
- TAXES DONE #FAAAAAAAAACK 05:49:50 PM May 26, 2015
- This is your periodic reminder that Vitor Belfort's barber is named VOLKAN BULMUS. I am pretty sure he also cuts Immortan Joe's hair. 01:25:34 PM May 26, 2015
- It finally happened. http://t.co/T6ZfdUVMub cc @MissStaceyMay 01:07:32 PM May 26, 2015
- RT @audrawilliams: YES. https://t.co/alXG9Lpsk5 11:48:32 AM May 26, 2015
- March 2015 (1)
- December 2014 (2)
- November 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (3)
- December 2013 (1)
- October 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (7)
- August 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (2)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- September 2010 (2)
- June 2010 (1)
- May 2010 (2)